Colgate Oral Care Report Series – VOLUME 27 No 3 – Lead Article: The Challenge of Dental Anxiety
This issue of the Colgate Oral Care Report provides a comprehensive look at strategies for managing dental anxiety and includes important updates on halitosis, pharmacology of marijuana and use of bitewings for caries diagnosis.
Upon completion of reading these articles, the clinician will be able to:
- Know the prevalence, etiology, and outcomes of dental anxiety and some of the successful steps oral healthcare providers can take to manage it.
- Understand the causes of halitosis, current methods used for measuring it, and the latest thinking on how best to treat it;
- See the advantages of employing digital technology vs. conventional impressions for dental restorations.
- Understand the pharmacology of marijuana, know its potential impact on systemic and oral health, and how its use can impact patient care.
- Recognize the value of bitewing radiographs in identifying carious lesions, and the factors determining the age at which the first bite- wing is taken and subsequent frequency of additional films.
Target audience: Dentists, dental assistants and hygienists
Release date: Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Expiration date: Sunday, September 20, 2020
“Colgate Oral Care Report Series – VOLUME 27 No 3 – Lead Article: The Challenge of Dental Anxiety” is co-sponsored by Tribune Group GmbH. Tribune Group GmbH is a recognized ADA CERP and AGD PACE provider.