This issue of the Oral Care Reports shares some of the common challenges across the globe as they relate to access to care for special populations as well as provides important updates on water fluoridation, the role of sugar in dental caries and the future of Periodontology.
Upon completion of reading these articles, the clinician will be able to:
- Recognize that inequalities in dental care access exist globally regardless of a country’s infrastructure and economic status.
- Understand the impact the aging population will have on the delivery of adequate oral care.
- Learn the current HHS requirements for fluoride levels in drinking water and the rationale for its reduction.
- Know the WHO-issued guidelines for sugar intake for children and adults.
- See how genetics, epigenetics, and risk assessment are shaping the future of periodontology.