This issue of the Colgate Oral Care Report will discuss the role HPV infections may play in head and neck cancer.
Other important topics include early childhood caries and sugary beverages as well as patient compliance and periodontal treatment, the importance of tongue cleaning and antibiotic therapy use in implant dentistry.
Upon completion of reading these articles, the clinician will be able to:
- Understand the significance of HPV infection as a risk factor for head and neck cancers
- Discover the association between consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages, oral mutans streptococci colonization, and early childhoodcaries
- Be aware of research showing how non-compliance with periodontal maintenance therapy can lead to tooth loss in patients following active periodontal treatment
- Learn about clinical trials that demonstrate the beneficial effects of tongue cleaning on tongue coating and halitosis
- Gain insight into how single-dose perioperative antibiotics can reduce the odds of implant failure.